Friday 15 December 2006

Toolbox

Everything is ready for tomorrow. I plan to finish the forks this weekend and to start on the frame. I have almost all the parts I plan to put on this frame so I can fit them as I go. I designed the frame a couple of months ago but am not sure anymore.
Everytime I build for others I seem to be more sure of what to do. Building for myself doesn't happen so often (second frame in three years!) and this makes it harder to deside which design to go with. I have always wanted to build a bike in the OCC way. Just start and see where the creative flow takes me. Lets see what happens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please explain, what is the OCC way?

Anonymous said...

OCC as in thes series on dixcovery: Orange county choppers ????

Caspar said...

OCC means: Pauly takes his sweet little time and takes a good look between every tube being welded on.

I would like to do the same. Build the forks, see how they look. Get my wheels, see how they look in the fork. Build the main frame, how does it look. Fit the rearend, see how it looks. Put most of the parts on the frame, how does it look. Use my Fitstem, what stem do I need. Build the stem. Take it for a ride, maybe even unpainted. Maybe spray primer and ride it for a week. Make some changes and of the paint. And fabricate some of my own parts.


You see: Taking my sweet little time like Pauly. Maybe I need a Paul Sr. to kick my ass every hour and to tell me there is a deadline!! HA HA HA!!! And a Mickey to eritate me!!