Thursday 14 December 2006

Started work on the forks tonight. Noticed the forkblades are very short. These were the longest I could find. I have to build it shaped like C'dale Fatty forks in order to get enough length out of them.
Good thing is that I can now easily fit wide tires in there. I plan to use 2.1 or 2.2, but realy like to try 2.55 WTB's. They will fit without a problem. I hope I can shape the chainstays to do the same.

Tomorrow night I will make the mitters. I am still doing them by hand. After practice I got pretty good at it. But I have sourced a tube notcher. I hope to do the main tube notches machincally in the future. This should give me nice enough mitters to TIG weld. (I see titanium.......) I then need to make some fixtures to machine other mitters in my lathe. As if I didn't have enough to do over the winter.

I brazed the drop outs to the blades and the steerertube bulge to the steerertube.
I also modified the drop outs so that I can use them as front opening. I need them like this to be able to use disc brakes.

No comments: