Monday 12 July 2010

Walcheren Coast Customs

I love watching shows like American Hotrod and Overhauling. This gave me the idea to do something like that to a bicycle. (since that is my field of expertiece)
Now that I am also involved with Liberté Cycles and we are starting a 650B section in the webshop I decided to combine the two ideas and convert an old racer into a 650B tourer.
I bought a used but well taken care off Batavus Competition on Marktplaats (Dutch auction site). I picked her up today and since the transfer had to be made at the seller workplace and there wasn't as much time as I would normaly take I overlooked some things. The paint isn't as good as I had hoped. This is not so good if I was going to keep it, but since I plan to use the torch on her this makes it only easier.

side view

As soon as I got home I took her for a spin. Just by riding you feel she has been taken care of. Braking feels direct, wheels are tigth and true, shifting feels smooth and no play on any bearing. This means I can salvage most parts. And what I can't use I can find in my scrap bin. Just need to buy some nice 650B rims and tires.

drive train

badge

cranks

No comments: