Tuesday 6 July 2010

Tour de France

Last weekend the Tour de France started in Rotterdam and on Sunday the first stage passed my neck of the woods (Province of Zeeland). Unfortunatly I was unable to visit the show. I even had an invitation to stay at a friends house in Rotterdam. He lives less then 100 meters (300 foot) from the prologue course. This bummed me out somewhat, but I was able to follow the whole circus on TV and had the best view possible.
The first stage was visited by a large number of people. I haven't heared of official numbers but it wouldn't surprise me if it more than half a million. Almost the entire 220 km course (Rotterdam - Brussels) was lined with spectators on both sides. Some sections had them standing more then 10 rows deep.
Two of them where my inlaws. My mother in law, knowing my passion with le Tour, managed to obtain a route sign and some goodies from the caravan.

TdF souvenir

No comments: